Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Apple-Plum Cake

When Alan and I got married, some of our wedding shower hostesses put together a binder full of their favorite recipes. I have loved using these recipes, and knowing they came from people we care about, who thought enough to write them down and share them with us. This is one of those, although I adapted it a bit... I could never find plain plum baby food, and it called for 2 small jars of that. So, I started using the stage 2 size baby jars of apple-plum, and it is delicious! I'm sure it makes it a little more moist, and who would complain about that?

Apple-Plum Cake
2 cups self rising flour
2 jars apple/plum baby food
1 cup oil
1 cup nuts
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp each – cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg

In large bowl, mix all ingredients well except nuts. Add nuts. Bake in tube pan 1 hour at 300 degrees. Can also add 1 tsp vanilla butter and nut flavoring.

No comments: