Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fruit Sauce

On tonight's menu at our house is pork tenderloin. My favorite way to serve this is marinated the night before, then after we cook it, we slice it and serve it with this sauce (this is my grandmother's recipe). YUM! But don't just take my word for it - a friend of mine who had this at my house last spring mentioned it to me today. She remembered it after about 7 months! She is going to serve her pork tonight with this sauce and needed the recipe. I imagine this would be good with some other types of meat or chicken as well...

Fruit Sauce for Meat
Ingredients:
1 can cranberry sauce, whole berry
1- 15 oz. can pears, cinnamon (if you can't find this, just use regular pears and add cinnamon at your discretion)
1- 11 oz. can mandarin oranges
1 granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
1 cup sugar
½ cup dried fruit mix

Directions:
Cook over medium heat for 45 minutes.

No comments: