Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Holy" Chicken Casserole

We had this dish for dinner last night - YUM! I've had it a couple of times when a friend made it, but I just recently got the recipe so this was my first time making it. My tip: Don't let your 3-year-old help with the cheese, unless you like a LOT of Swiss cheese :) Also, I tend to substitute low fat ingredients instead of the real ones, and it turned out just fine using low fat items.

I served this with my favorite (highly seasoned) sauteed yellow and zucchini squash with red peppers, and some potatoes and green beans with rosemary sauce (one of those steamable packages from the frozen section). Next time, I think I will make several dishes of this and freeze all except one.

"Holy" Chicken Casserole
Ingredients
4-5 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
8-oz cream cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
shredded Swiss cheese
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
1 stick butter, melted

Directions
Mix first 3 ingredients together in casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese on top. Mix melted butter and crackers and place on top of dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

No comments: