Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Muffins

Hi there!

I have decided to start a daily recipe blog, since I love to cook and collect recipes. A friend of mine, Karen (I'm sure she'll read this!), has her own recipe site and was the inspiration for this. I'll post her site too, but please don't compare. Her recipes are in such neat format and order... http://sites.google.com/site/recipeconnection/recipe-pdfs

So, here goes. Today's recipe is for Pumpkin Muffins. I started with this one because of the season we're in, and because I recently made these (twice) and they received RAVE reviews by everyone who tried them (including Alan, who doesn't like anything, and I, who don't really love pumpkin all that much (I'm struggling with the grammar here and have changed it twice, so someone please help me out!)). This is also the easiest recipe I've ever seen.

Pumpkin Muffins
Ingredients:
1 box spice cake mix
1 15-oz can pumpkin

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Mix ingredients well (white lumps will end up gritty if you don't get them mixed well enough). Fill muffin tins (12 regular or 24 mini) and bake - approx 12-15 minutes for mini, and 20-25 for regular. Be sure to shake the tin down a bit before putting in the oven. They don't move much, so whatever shape you put in the oven is the shape you're going to take out (they aren't the prettiest muffins ever). A toothpick inserted into a muffin should come clean when they are done.

Leave a comment to let me know how you like these!

2 comments:

Holly :) said...

Yeah! A new blog!!! I'll let you know how I like this recipe after you make them for me on Friday! :)
HA!

JRR said...

I made these this morning and they were so good - everyone at worked raved about them.