Thursday, January 22, 2009

All Day Macaroni and Cheese

About 18 months ago, I took dinner to some friends who had just had a baby. The menu included mac and cheese, which they STILL rave about and say was the best they have ever eaten! My hubby, however, is EXTREMELY picky about how he likes his food. He says my mac and cheese is too cheesy. WHAT??? Anyway, I've decided to try a new recipe for dinner tonight. My aunt gave me this recipe and it sounds both yummy and easy. Hopefully it will go over well with my hubby also!

All Day Macaroni and Cheese
(6 servings)

8 ounces elbow macaroni
4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
1 ½ cups milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper

Cook macaroni 10 minutes, or until al dente, and drain
In large bowl, mix the cooked macaroni, 3 cups of the sharp Cheddar cheese, evaporated milk, milk, eggs, salt and pepper. Transfer to a slow cooker that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, or until the mixture is firm and golden around the edges. Do not remove or stir the mixture until the mixture has finished cooking.

No comments: