Monday, January 19, 2009

Anniversary Chicken

My husband wants me to rename this to "Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken," since the name offers no description of what this dish actually is... I've had this recipe for several years but just recently tried it for the first time. It was good, although I think I added too much teriyaki sauce and ranch dressing. I used low fat ingredients, and served it with brown rice (the sauce was good on top of the rice), and green beans. Such an easy dish, and I still have lots of teriyaki sauce, ranch dressing, and bacon bits to use, so I'll probably make this again soon! Enjoy!

Anniversary Chicken
Makes 6 servings

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup teriyaki basting sauce
1/2 cup Ranch-style salad dressing
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 (3 ounce) can bacon bits
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, and saute 4 to 5 minutes each side, until lightly browned.
3. Place browned chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Brush with teriyaki sauce, then spoon on salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese, green onions and bacon bits.Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Garnish with parsley and serve.

No comments: