Thursday, January 15, 2009

Guest Blogger: Broccoli Cheese Corn Bread

My friend, Helen, decided to help me out and submit some of her recipes! I guess she realized I had not updated in quite some time :) Here is a recipe for her broccoli cheese corn bread... She says she used to take this to work functions because everyone loves it so much. YUM!

Broccoli Cheese Corn Bread
1 Stick Butter, melted
1 Small Onion
1 Package Frozen Broccoli, thawed and squeezed dry
4 Eggs, Beaten
1 Package Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 dish. Mix all ingredients well. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


Here is my version of the same recipe - everything looks pretty much the same, except this has more cornbread mix and cheese. I like to serve mine with ham and beans.
Broccoli Corn Bread
2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 10-oz box frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed
1 onion, chopped
1 stick margarine, melted
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients and bake at 400 degrees until brown (30+ minutes).

More to come from Helen soon. Thanks so much for the great recipe!

No comments: